From Tones for your Bones – Embodying Chinese Five Elements with Li-Lan and Alex Weiss
April 2020 on the online and virtual course: Thank you for the fun Qigong class this morning. I enjoyed all of it! The music was wonderful and it was fun to learn about and see the instruments. To me that music really helps my mind to focus and to feel the flow as I do the qigong. I will be practicing the many things you taught us. Thank you for sharing your gifts! Jody Clapper, yoga instructor, Indiana
June 2019: All five senses are stimulated – seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling, and feeling. There is a balance of yin and yang, slow and fast movements throughout the workshop. I always feel both rejuvenated and relaxed as I welcome the changing of the seasons with Li-Lan and Alex and their “Tones for Your Bones” workshops. There is amazing synergy and collaboration between Alex and Li-Lan that just works! Each workshop is a beautiful, unique and joyful experience. I am grateful for today’s “Tones for Your Bones” summer workshop and look forward to future “Tones for Your Bones” workshops with each cycle of the changing of the seasons. — Christine Cupido, Durham, NC
October 2017: I am still reflecting and incorporating my delightful experience of this workshop ~ a renewed groundedness is still with me, along with a subtle peace and lightness that has replaced an undercurrent of worry and sadness. The combination of a tactile experience of each of the elements, plus a myriad of musical accompaniment and movement made for a significant shift in my consciousness in the first hour. Adding to this a fun and creative time to integrate and share with each other what our experience was easily helped to anchor it. Thank you LiLan, Alex and Shana and all the other participants for a great experience. ~ Christine McNally, Nationally Certified Massage Therapist, Ojai, CA
Thank you for a much needed respite today. I loved the workshop. ~Ellen Booth Church, Childhood educator and Tibetan Buddhism teacher
- From community acupuncture and Reiki client: Armonia Health continues to be a haven of Healing for myself and the community around me. I slept so deep last night after my acupuncture and Reiki sessions and just felt overall more connected with myself. Thank you! May 2018
- The class was very informative and helped me to remember to give praise and communicate the many things I use in practice and with myself. After the class I gained more confidence in myself with creating the connection with my body that I have been disconnected from. Li-Lan has a very healing energy about her and very knowledgeable. LMBT & floatation spa owner
- This practice is both moving and humbling. Li-Lan made me feel safe, supported, and loved. I’m so grateful to study this healing practice. I’m looking forward to noticing my changes. LMBT & doula
- As a practitioner, I focused my thoughts prior to the class on how this could eventually integrate into my own practice. What I received was much more important: self-care, allowance, ritual, self explanation, enriching soul food, and real medicine. Thank you. Nurse practitioner at Chapel Hill Women’s Birth and Wellness Center
- Dear Donna and LiLan,
Many Thanks to an educational weekend that exceeded all expectations. So smooth, so powerful and what a refreshing experience! Truly I see myself following up with “Professional Training”. My craft and path of catering will evolve and change more.
Thank You both for being the messenger and teacher. Male LMBT in Winston-Salem, NC
- I am forever grateful to the powers that be for gifting me with such amazingly intelligent, kind, giving, wise women to learn from. The knowledge and spirit shared the last three days will be carried with me the rest of my life.
There were so many parts of the workshop that inspired me, and I have no doubt that many more little gems will show themselves as I process the wisdom shared. My mind and heart expanded beyond measure this weekend.
I thank you and I honor you both from the very core of my soul. You shared a light with me that will shine and shine from this life to the next.
Many blessings, many belly rubs to you, Li-Lan and to you Donna, my honored healers
- This class was great! Li-Lan wan an excellent teacher and the assistants (Donna and Yumi) were awesome! Everyone was friendly, knowledgeable, and receptive to questions. I have enjoyed every minute of this class and hope to further my education of this teaching. I am in love with the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy!! Awesome! This program is empowering, puts the power of healing in the hands of those who participate and facilitates an awakening unlike any other. I was expecting to learn and every minute I was able to learn something. I reconnected with myself, my uterus, and my center.
- Thanks so much to Li-Lan for this workshop. She models very well the lessons that I am trying to learn for myself: self-care, gentleness with self, light-heartedness, spiritual connection. This weekend has helped me to start to understand what I need in life in order to be happy and healthy. Tools that I will use from this class: self-care massage, plant herb garden, made an altar this weekend, vaginal steam, herbal formula, faja support belt. Health educator
From Li-Lan’s clients (more testimonials on her Bio page)
To Li-Lan… a story of healing and reclamation: Where I came from, we had long lost the wisdom of the earth, the knowledge of the midwives… maybe it got buried in the coal mines with our uncles or drowned in alcohol like the sweetness of our men or maybe the church shamed it out of us or maybe we just weren’t paying attention amidst the bustle of life and babies as it slipped away- for whatever reason, healers to me included the white man doctor: the pediatrician, the surgeon at the hospital, the family practitioner who was a shitty doctor, but was “a real nice man”- well, and God of course, was a healer, but he would definitely go in the category of white man doctor… we certainly didn’t believe in that mumbo-jumbo of magic (except Disney) or “alternative” medicine or “eastern” something-arather… Li-Lan, it’s been almost 20 years since I met you- working on bodies of immigrants that I loved so, on bruised and broken bodies with intense and powerful spirits, people I was honored to know b/c their passion for life and love and wholeness showed me the Divine. I saw you heal them. You were the first non western medicine person I ever trusted to touch me (much less put needles in me!). You cracked a door for me that took many years to open, but now I find myself surrounded by healers… of all sorts, find myself drawn to the identity of healer… I trust healers. We have our own work to do on ourselves, but as a people, as a community, as diverse as the wounds the world inflicts, we are the divine force of healing and justice that I believe in. Thank you for your love, your light, your commitment to our peoples. I love you, and I am forever grateful for your calm, loving, steadfast clarity in your craft and your dedication to it. You are a gift and a role model. Happy birthday. I am celebrating your life today.
–T. Hoffman, March 2007
I believe that in our sickness, people need someone in the health profession to listen to them and offer human guidance.
Thank you for everything Li-lan.
Adriana Suarez, Cosmetologist, Raleigh NC